Monday, November 28, 2011

Diwali, I missed

Nearly 300 students are studying in our trust “Do or Die” which is located at Athikode, Palakad (DT), Kerala where we are giving tutoring them subject knowledge, current affairs and some computer basics. I belong to Karur (DT), Tamil Nadu. But somehow God plans us to meet some personality who inspires us a lot. One such personality is Mr. John Benedict who is the president of the trust Do or Die and a former Cognizant employee. I joined hands with him in educating the students through our trust. Also, the children of trust call me ‘brother’ wholeheartedly.

The children of our trust haven’t celebrated Diwali in a grand way as they celebrated this year. They don’t even know the number of variety of crackers available and the sweets as well. But from this Diwali they also came to know the varieties. Some friend of my trustee came to our trust at the day of Diwali with all varieties of crackers that costs around Rs.5000 and all available sweets.

John told me that our trust children celebrated this Diwali in a grand way that they haven’t celebrated before. One of the trust’s kids Glory said, “Brother! Why haven’t you come to our trust for this Diwali? You were with us on other days. But on this day you haven’t come to see us. We missed you a lot Brother.” After hearing this unknowingly tears rolled down from my eyes because they love me that much.

Yeah I too really missed them a lot. Hopefully, I should be there for next Diwali. I don’t know God’s plan…

No comments:

Post a Comment